24 – 25 aprill toimub Gdanski meremuuseumis sümpoosium "Safe Shipping On The Baltic Sea". Üritus on kahepäevane ning sisaldab väga huvitavaid ettekandeid huvitavatelt inimestelt:
– "Weather conditions and safe navigation in the Baltic Sea" (M.Mylly)
– "Safe ship operation" (Ryszard Wawruch)
– "Handling risks for the Baltic maritime oil transportation – a Danish perspective" (Per Sønderstrup"
– "The need for coordinating shipping and traffic control in the
Baltic Sea Area" (Johan Franson)
Terve programmiga saab tutvuda siin – agenda.
Shipping in the Baltic Sea Region is specific by nature. The Baltic Sea is a small and enclosed water basin featuring characteristic, dangerous weather conditions, hazardous particularly for some ship types. The specificity of shipping also include heavy traffic of people and goods between the well-developed countries around the Baltic.
The purpose of the Symposium is to provide a discussion forum for maritime administrations and shipowners to identify and emphasize problems of Baltic shipping. Discussion will follow several introductory papers addressing:
* Specific weather conditions on the Baltic Sea;
* A technically safe ship;
* Safe ship operation;
* Coordinating shipping and traffic control on the Baltic Sea;
* Oil spills protection.
The Symposium is organized under the auspices of the Polish Ministry of Infrastructure, with the attendance of Ms Anna Wypych-Namiotko, Undersecretary of State.