IMO has issued digital edition of IMO News 4, 2011. Click here for download.
Topics in the latest issue: Fishing vessel safety convention to enter into force in 2012 – Djibouti Code Trust Fund gets Saudi boost – Antarctic HFO ban now in force – Enclosed space entry and rescue drills to be mandatory – IMO hosts World Maritime Day reception.
More IMO News Magazines can be found here.
Maritime London, 6 February 2012. Click here to read.
Topics under discussion:
– Scrapping soars
– Intercargo issues nickel ore guide
– UK Chamber rejects MPs’ conclusion on carbon emissions
– RS Platou considers acquiring ACM
– Fatigue study results “a wake-up call”
– Government tweaks auto enrolment plans
– Lloyd’s syndicate creates new marine hull team
– Court of Appeal upholds arbitration award for negative declaration
– Nautical Institute’s “disquiet” over owner’s actions on Costa Concordia
EMSA Newsletter February 2012. Download the document here.
In this issue:
– Salina Bay on standby as oil is removed from Costa Concordia
– Biofuels – A viable option for the future?
– New Chairman Frans Van Rompuy meets EMSA Staff
– Oil recovery vessels – procurement in view
– EMSA to participate in 2012 Interspill conference